The Wellness of Balance Winter 2023 News and Tips IN THIS ISSUE: Winter transition & updates Tan Fave of the...
Spring-Summer 2023 Imporant News and Tips
IN THIS ISSUE:
- Important clinic changes coming
- Summer health tips
- Did You Knows…
Welcome to the Fire season of Summer and the time of following one’s inspiration and passion. We missed sending our last newsletter due to…life busyness! It is fitting timing that I announce some restructuring at Red Tree Wellness Inc. that you will see slowly implemented over the course of the next five months. In a time of Fire’s expansion, we will be reducing (and moving to a simpler model). ***Please read the important updates below.***
Red Tree Wellness Inc. will be undergoing administrative and restructuring over the next five months. I will still be in the clinic treating patients, continuing on a reduced schedule so that I can spend more time teaching. You can be assured that we’ll be making an effort to minimize the impact of change for all of Red Tree’s patients. I’ve been the owner and operator of Red Tree Wellness since 2006, coupled with my clinical practice. After 17+ years and a pandemic, I’m ready for a new chapter in my life. The past three years have tested me and my direction. I’ve taken a lot of time to reflect and consider things carefully. I’ve made the decision to transition the operations of Red Tree Wellness to a simpler model in order to focus more on teaching.
Many of you know I have been teaching for the past 10+ years. The most recent five years have focused on passing on the classical Chinese medicine lineage that is not taught in schools, but is passed down through masters or lineages, primarily Balance
System Acupuncture. My Shifu passed away in 2015 and my Grandfather long ago. My desire at this stage of life is to continue to pass the beauty of this effective medicine forward, advance my boutique school and its programs, and to further develop the skills of my students and colleagues so they can help improve results with patients. After all, that is why I love what I do – to help restore the wellness of fellow humans with my language of Chinese medicine and metaphysics. I still love clinical practice, working closely with all of you to help you feel better sooner. I will not leave my clinical practice completely. I will still be here. We’ll just be implementing a simpler administrative design that will give me the freedom to direct my energy into education.
What you need to know as we transition to a simpler and easier way of operating by October 27, 2023:
- I am maintaining my reduced clinical time of 2 – 2.5 days per week in the clinic including telemedicine.
- Other practitioners will continue to serve patients at Red Tree Wellness, and will be operating more independently.
- All practitioners will continue to collaborate to ensure the highest quality patient care.
- We are removing our POS machine on Monday June 26, 2023 and will replace it with secure software to store credit card information and make payments easy. The last day the physical POS machine will be available is Saturday June 24, 2023. You can also pay by cash, EFT or eTransfer.
- Packages will no longer be available after October 16, 2023. Alternatives are in the works.
- Individual practitioners will take payments directly from patients instead of through Red Tree Wellness.
- Bookings will continue to be centralized through the Red Tree Wellness website and booking calendar.
- More details will follow in the coming months through online and in-clinic announcements.
I am very grateful and honoured to serve all of you and to have guided you on your pathway to health up to now. Be assured that I will continue to provide clinical time, just at my current reduced scale and that the other practitioners will continue to serve you here at Red Tree Wellness Inc.
For this month’s optimal Feng Shui.
A brief continuation of my mini-series on Feng Shui. I’ve been a certified Astrology and Feng Shui practitioner since 2011, and I come from a lineage of practitioners in both Chinese medicine and metaphysics (see below). My tips come from both education and experience. Although it is not easy to give general Feng Shui tips, there are some general principles that can be helpful.
Summer is the time of Fire and heat. In Feng Shui, this detracts from health, especially if there is too much Fire in the bedroom. ✋ I’m not talking about that kind of heat ;). I’m talking about EMF’s. Electricity, electromagnetic devices and cords, TVs, tablets, phones, etc. all create Fire. This disrupts the Shen, or our Mind and Spirit in Chinese Medicine. When the Shen is disturbed and disrupted, it cannot stay calm as easily, and it is not as easy to sleep well and feel restored. Consider removing devices from the bedroom, and/or adding minerals that absorb EMF and Fire, like tourmaline or shungite. The bigger the piece the better. You may also find Shungite bracelets that you can wear while sleeping and through the day if needed. I often wear a Shungite bracelet when traveling.
Outside of this, remember that in the heat and light of summer, our bodies want to expand, and on the flip side may become depleted as a result. Go with the flow, and listen to your body for signals that it needs re-grounding before it burns out. Put an ice pack on the base of your neck and bottoms of your feet to cool yourself down quickly.
Myth dispelling reminders: 1) Feng Shui is more than environmental design. It is about observing and analyzing the structure and life of it in conjunction with its surroundings and planet energy cycles, while also trying to optimize and balance it for good rather than poor energy. Observation and senses related to the non-verbal realm. Over 90% of our communication is non-verbal (Meharabian, 1972). This integration is crucial for our internal state. Thus, enhancing a good energetic environment is important for reducing internal messages and senses of stress, disorder and defensiveness, and reducing overall stress internally. 2) Feng Shui can change health and fortune. It is only one third part of what the Chinese call the Three Essentials to life. For more, see the article I wrote in the Summer 2022 news.
Mehrabian, A. (1972). Nonverbal communication. Chicago: Aldine-Atherton.
Bolte-Taylor, J. My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist’s Personal Journey. New York: Penguin Publishing.
sShop clearance sale for a limited time!
Give yourself an energetic treat with our selection of sale products! To celebrate the arrival of the warmer weather, we are having a sale on select products in our e-shop.
Fascia Buddy cups and stone medicine pendants and necklaces are 30% off for a limited time!
To take advantage of this offer simply visit our website https://redtreewellness.ca/shop/, and add your purchases to your shopping cart. The discount will be applied automatically just before final payment. You can also buy all of our e-shop products in person at Red Tree Wellness!
New Direct Billing policy
Effective May 1, 2023 we no longer process extended health insurance on behalf of patients. We will continue to direct bill for ICBC customers only.
Over the past five plus years, the administration of direct billing extended health insurance plans has changed greatly, and is now very complex. On the flip side, it is now easy for patients to electronically submit receipts to their insurers and receive reimbursement swiftly.
We are now providing electronic and/or paper invoices/receipts to patients. Please submit them directly to your insurers for reimbursement.
We apologize for the inconvenience. We wish to focus our energy on serving you with ease while keeping our operating costs low.
Thank you for your understanding and for choosing Red Tree Wellness to guide you on your pathway to health.
Did you know…
Lastly we finish off with our traditional quick clinic FYI’s:
- Back in stock! Our popular cold sore gel and bruise & wound gel! Quick and natural topical relief. Pick them up in the clinic or order online for shipping to your door!
- It’s almost time for summer travel! Take along our essential oil Traveller Duo, to help you enjoy your vacation without worrying about your sleep. This pack contains Wake-Up Call to help you perk up in the morning and Sleep Well to promote deeper, more restful sleep.
- When you buy from Red Tree, you’re supporting a local small business! Grab some of our favourite self-care items: Fascia Buddy cups, Argan Oil to keep your skin and hair supple and smooth, Gua Sha tools or our proprietary essential oil blends. Ask for them next time you are in the clinic, or buy them at our e-shop!
- Remember to check out our YouTube Channel for video tips – https://www.youtube.com/c/RedTreeWellnessCa
We wish you an amazing summer!
Yours in good health and happiness,
Dr. Sonia F. Tan, DAOM and the Red Tree Wellness team