IN THIS ISSUE:
- 2021 Gratitudes
- Winter health tip
- Did You Knows…
As the Gregorian year ends, and as the Yin energy heightens in the Chinese Solar calendar, it is a good time to turn inward and reflect. This time in Chinese helps us ascertain what our inner soul wants and needs. Make sure you meet those nourishment needs. In addition, listen to your inner spirit. Yin time is nourishing and reflective, in order to be prepared for the Yang energy time, of action and expansion. This is a good time to reflect on where you have been and where you are going in the future. It is the time to get your ducks in a row in preparation for the time of Yang Qi in the spring and new life beginning in the year of the Water Tiger February. As we roll into January, this is the last stage of a life cycle, and what no longer serves should be shed.
In our reflection of this past year, we would like to express our gratitude over the past 12 months. We’re very thankful and appreciate your ongoing support. Without it we wouldn’t be able to continue guiding you on your pathway to health and we would not be able to accomplish things that we are proud of. Thank you! Our special highlights of our year:
- On June 1st, Red Tree Wellness celebrated its official 15 year anniversary! We are thrilled to have reached this milestone and survived a pandemic. We had celebrations going on for almost the whole year, in appreciation of you, our patients and our role in guiding you on your pathway to health.
- We introduced new self-care products – primarily Stone Medicine and launched a new e-shop – In addition to herbalism and acupuncture, Chinese Medicine has a rich tradition of using stones as medicine, passed from generation to generation for thousands of years. Stone Medicine is utilizing mineral energy with our body and is one of our favourite self-care tools for use at home or travelling. We have a new collection of Jade rollers, Gua Sha tools and pendant necklaces made of amethyst, rose quartz, jade and black tourmaline! You might already spot new products by our front desk when you were checking out after your treatment. They are all available through our new e-shop as well. Use this code for 15% off for a limited time! rtw15
- Consumer Choice Award has been recognizing & promoting business excellence in Canada for over 30 years. In 2019 we received our very first Consumer Choice Award and since then we have been awarded every year!
- We treated over 150 new patients in 2021 and almost half of them came through YOUR referrals. Thank you!
Winter health tip from Dr. Kathy Dang, ND, RAc
Cue the sweet holiday treats and rich holiday meals……and the heartburn, bloating, gas and a few pounds gained.
Here is my naturopathic tip to get you through this season’s digestion challenge.
Digestive enzymes give your digestion a leg up to breaking down (1) proteins, (2) fats, and (3) carbohydrates. What to look in digestive enzymes depends on what your needs are. Most people do great on a general spectrum digestive enzyme that covers proteins, fats and carbohydrates.
Ingredients of a digestive enzyme and what they do, find one that covers your needs:
- Pancreatin – Porcine source – amylase, lipase and protease to digest fats, proteins, sugars
- Pepsin – Porcine source – stomach enzyme that breaks down protein
- Ox bile – Important if gallbladder is removed to breakdown fats
- Betaine hydrochloride – supplements low stomach acid. Stomach acid is needed to absorb calcium, magnesium potassium, copper and iron
- Bromelain – helps breakdown protein and also reducing inflammation
- Papain – enzyme from papaya, breaks down protein
- Amylase – breaks down carbohydrates
- Protease – breaks down proteins
- Lipase – breaks down fats
- Cellulase – breaks down cellulose in plants
- Lactase – breaks down lactose
Take your digestive enzyme at the beginning or middle of a meal.Enjoy the holidays with confidence and easy digestion!
Dr. Kathy Dang, ND, RAc
We are pleased to welcome to Red Tree Wellness our new office administrator!
Ximena is currently studying business in Douglas College and planning for the following years to graduate from SFU. She is a very positive person, hard working and always supports the team! Ximena loves to spend her free time hiking, swimming and travelling.
Did you knows?
Lastly we finish off with our traditional quick clinic FYI’s:
- Find amazing Qigong series videos on how to improve your health during every season. Visit our YouTube channel to find out how to stay in balance throughout the whole year!
- We have a great variety of items for your self care at home. Grab some of our favourites like Argan Oil for dry skin with all the hand washing, Sleep Well or Headache No More essential oil blends for those late nights or early mornings. Ask for them next time you are in the clinic. Shop online and this code for 15% off: rtw15
- We have restocked on our favourite cold and flu remedy! Need to bring the big guns out? This highly concentrated herbal extract combines immune boosters with anti-virals and is a formulation that has been used since 500 A.D. Ask about these ‘Dragon Herbs’ next time you are in.
Whatever faith you practice, we with you many blessings, Happy Holidays!
Yours in good health and happiness,
Sonia, Alex, Kathy, Suzanne, Ximena and Rick, your Red Tree Wellness team