IN THIS ISSUE:
- It’s our 15 year anniversary!
- Gua Sha & Stone Medicine
- Did You Knows…
It is the summer, the warming trend and longer days of sunlight. This began in the Chinese solar calendar this year on May 5. Fire is the element or phase associated with the summer in Chinese metaphysics, and is connected primarily to the Heart organ channel. This is the time in natural law the Qi expands and rises, generating and exciting our energy, ideas, fun, joy, inspiration and connections. Go out there and be in harmony with natural law and have fun! It’s flip-flop time! Speaking of fun…
15-year anniversary celebration!
On June 1st, Red Tree Wellness celebrated its official 15 year anniversary! We are thrilled to have reached this milestone and survived a pandemic. We have celebrations going on all month, in appreciation of you, our patients and our role in guiding you on your pathway to health. Below are some highlights that we wanted to share that touch on some of our history, celebrations, and philanthropy.
Curious how Red Tree Wellness began? Check out our video story of the inspiration behind our name, the vision, our approach, our lineage and our thank yous! Watch this video here.
Stay tuned for the photo montage video that will be released at the end of June.
Did you know (DYK) for the entire month of June, we are matching donations to go towards local charity Vancouver Chinatown Foundation? Chinatown has a special place in our hearts, as should Canada’s, since many of the workers that came to build the railway and unify the land, lived in Vancouver’s Chinatown. Vancouver Chinatown Foundation is dedicated to promoting the well-being of those in need, while preserving Chinatown’s irreplaceable cultural heritage. Their ongoing efforts focus on creating a lasting positive impact such as affordable housing, seniors housing and cultural and economic development. Please join us in cheering and supporting the efforts of the Vancouver Chinatown Foundation, and consider donating today either at the clinic, or direct to the Foundation. We’re matching all donations at the clinic until the end of June!
DYK that you only have 10 days left to take advantage of our 15% off sale? DYK all of the Red Tree team have these items at home as it is part of our own essential self-care kit! Drop by the clinic for some Stone Medicine, Gua Sha, Argan Oil from Saadia Organics, Essential Oils, Cups from Fascia Buddy and other great items for your quality at home care tools! Check out our How-To videos here on using Gua Sha tools for Body vs Face, and using Fascia Cups.
DYK that our logo has been unchanged for 15 years? 💓 Believe it! The story behind it is that our founder Sonia Tan wanted something that embodied both Chinese medicine and the Sequoia tree. She had read that the Sequoia or Redwood tree, where we derived the inspiration for our clinic name, symbolized healing, wisdom and independence, something she wanted to envision for her clinic. The red symbolized blood and life and has affinity to Chinese culture and prosperity, and the olive green is there to connect to medicine, plants and herbs. There is a symbolic Yin-Yang symbol designed around the Sequoia tree itself, do you see it? While we are for sure biased, we believe our logo is timeless!
Don’t forget to follow us on social media and comment on our special 15y celebration posts on Facebook and receive $15 off your next visit!
For the rest of the year, we are doing the following:
- Birthday coupons and Referral cards with the special 15y anniversary sticker receive $15 off their next acupuncture visit (instead of regular $10)
- New referred patients get $15 off their first visit (with special sticker)
Stone Medicine is utilizing mineral energy with our body, and is one of our favourite self-care tools for use at home or travelling.
Use Stone Medicine, Gua Sha tools and Cups for easy self-care! DYK that Dr. Sonia Tan always travels with a stone medicine necklace and a Gua Sha tool? Gua Sha is also handy also in cases of nausea, not just muscle tension and lymphatic drainage. We have both pendant necklaces and Gua Sha tools at the clinic. Have a look at our videos and learn about Stone Medicine in the clinic.
Stone medicine quick tips:
- Amethyst Quartz: Good for balancing spirit, enhancing your overall Qi, meditative spiritual awareness and aura. Cools the skin and calms the mind.
- Clear Quartz: Enhances our Wei-Defensive Qi level, Lung system and boundaries.
- Rose Quartz: Warms our Yang Qi and enhances circulation of Qi.
- Jade: Cools and strengthens. Protective Qi energy.
- Tourmaline: Absorbs negative Qi and EMF energy.
Check out pendant necklaces and Gua Sha tools at the clinic to help you at home or on the go.
Did you knows?
Lastly we finish off with our traditional quick clinic FYI’s – Support Local:
- Essential Oil blends are privately designed and made exclusively for Red Tree Wellness by one of our Reiki Master and Chemistry professor colleagues.
- Argan Oil by Saadia Organics is a local Vancouver company whose relatives in Morocco hand make these therapeutic grade oils.
- Our Cold Sore gel and Bruise and Wound gel are amazingly fast and made by an Albertan company.
- Our Fascia Cups are also designed and made by a local Vancouver company.
- Remember to check out our Youtube Channel
We wish you an amazing summer! Go out there and expand!
Yours in good health and happiness,
Dr. Sonia F. Tan, DAOM, and the Red Tree Wellness team