Calendar of Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine Classes
Courses offered qualify for CTCMA CEU’s. Red Tree Wellness Inc. is also a California Acupuncture Board Continuing Education Provider, CEP number: 1234
Join us April 8, 2017, 9am to 4pm, Vancouver, BC, 6 continuing education units
Sport Medicine Conditions & Terminology for Acupuncturists
Designed for the Sports Acupuncturist or those interested in the field of Sports Acupuncture to deepen knowledge of common Sport Medicine and Athletic Injury conditions:
• Review of relevant anatomy and biomechanics
• Understand and recognize clinical sports medicine terminology and conditions
• Develop better communication with the sports medicine professionals
Presented in association with the BC Sports Acupuncture Association. www.SportsAcupuncture.org
Registration is open!More Info Register Now
Join us Saturday April 22, 2017, 9am to 3:30pm, Vancouver, BC, 5 continuing education units (CTCMA). California Acupuncture Board approved, provider number 1234.
Balance Method/System refinement classes
Refine your current knowledge of the Balance Method/System!
This 1 day in-person class is designed for those that have already taken Balance Method/System course work, and are looking to fill in the gaps, review and refine their knowledge. Themes (e.g. migraines, MSK pain, anxiety, etc) will vary each class. Learn from a certified Gold Level Balance Method practitioner, Dr. Sonia F. Tan.
Saturday April 22, 2017 – The Head and Face – This class will be an expansion of the success of the refinement class in October on Headaches and Migraines, and will include other conditions of the head such as concussions and Bell’s Palsy.
- Learn further where the methods originate
- Fill in the gaps of your current knowledge and improve your outcomes
- Review and refine your current knowledge and improve your competency and confidence
- Learn from successful cases or bring one of your own case you would like feedback
- Ask questions and learn new teachings you may have forgotten or missed from previous classes
Class size is limited.
***Pre-requisite: Dr. Richard Tehfu Tan Balance Method Core Foundations and (Acupuncture 123 & Global Balance) and Advanced Track courses.
Dr. Sonia F. Tan, has been helping guide people on their pathway to health in the TCM world since 2002. She is a Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, a Registered Acupuncturist, and a Registered Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Practitioner. Sonia obtained her clinical research Doctorate degree from Yo San University of Traditional Chinese Medicine in Los Angeles, California. She is also a graduate of the five year Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine program from the International College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Vancouver. Sonia taught at the Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine for 4 years and continues to speak at various conferences and seminars. A certified Gold Level Practitioner of the late Dr. Richard Tehfu Tan and the Balance Method, Sonia enjoys sharing this method to her colleagues. Sonia began her career in health with a Bachelor’s degree in Honors Kinesiology, with a specialization in Athletic Injuries, from the University of Western Ontario. While Sonia has enjoys variety and a general practice, her areas of passion and focus are in Immunology, Sport Medicine and Migraines & Headaches. Following in the footsteps of her grandfather, Sonia is immersed in all aspects of Chinese Metaphysics, and thoroughly enjoys education and inspiring about all things Acupuncture and TCM!
Registration is open!More Info Register Now
Coming October 28 + 29, 2017, Vancouver, BC, 3 continuing education units per session (CTCMA), California Acupuncture Board approval pending
TCM Research Pearls of Wisdom conference!
Integrative Oncology: Clinical and Research Perspectives for Acupuncturists
- Determine if your acupuncture practice and research synthesizes with Integrative Oncology.
- Examine clinical practices that allow you to collaborate within Integrative Oncology.
- Understanding multiple perspectives of Integrative Oncology from a medical practitioner’s point of view.
The Healthy Bones
- Understand the biology of bones – nutrition and endocrinology involved with basic bone metabolism – in order to treat age-related osteoporosis or traumatic bone injury.
- Deepen your understanding of treatment from an integrative perspective, using functional medicine in combination with TCM.
How Traditional Herbal Medicine (THM) Modulates the Neuroendocrine-Immune Axis and Enhances Fertility Potential in women diagnosed with Autoimmune Hypothyroid (Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis)
- This seminar will examine the 6 main Hypothyroid patterns and discuss the differentiation of each hypothyroid pattern. It will also examine Hypothyroidism through a Traditional Chinese Medicine lens and discuss the current research of Traditional Herbal Medicine treatment options. This seminar will then further examine how THM modulates the Neuroendocrine-Immune Axis and enhances fertility potential in women diagnosed with Autoimmune Hypothyroid (Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis).
The Use of Traditional Chinese Medicine Herbs and Formulas in the Treatment of Hyperlipidemia
- This seminar will examine the effects of the most-prescribed formula and herbs for hyperlipidemia in Taiwan and China in terms of their effects on blood lipid levels, and will also examine their potential for regulating blood glucose levels and liver function, both of which are associated side effects of the standard of care for hyperlipidemia, and are comorbidities of hypercholesterolemia. It will also examine ways to construct custom formulas that address both TCM pattern differentiation as well as disease-specific symptoms and presentations, as well as give suggestions on how to further our understanding of symptom-less diseases through TCM pattern differentiation
Registration is open!!More Info Register Now
Returning November 18 & 19, 2017, 9am to 5pm, Vancouver, BC, 14 continuing education units (7 units per day) (CTCMA). California Acupuncture Board pending.
Dr. Yvonne Farrell – Exploring The Eight Extraordinary Vessels and Addictions
Did you know that the Eight Extraordinary Vessels regulate psycho-emotional states? Of course you didn’t, we did not learn that in depth in TCM school! Did you know that the Eight Extraordinary Vessels can help treat things like addictions, trauma, PTSD, and more? Interested in learning more?
Join us November, 2017 and dive deep into TCM psycho-neuro-immunology with Dr. Yvonne Farrell!
Learn the intimate details of how the Eight Extraordinary Vessels work and treat psycho-emotional states.
Day 1: The Eight Extraordinary Vessels 101
**This course is required for all ‘Applications of the Eight Extras’ courses.
This course provides an overview of the channel system with a focus on the 8 Extraordinary Vessels. We will explore the pathways of each of the 8 extras and how those pathways inform the functions and clinical applications for each vessel. We will learn about the richness and profound impact of acupuncture beyond the primary meridians.
- Learn why the primary meridians are not enough to treat many disease processes.
- Learn how to create 8 extra treatments with confidence.
- and more!
Day 2: Applications of the Eight Extras: Addictions
***Pre-requisite: The Eight Extraordinary Vessels 101 (Day 1)
Join Dr. Yvonne Farrell on Day 2 with an investigation of the use of the Eight Extraordinary vessels and its application to addictions. More info to come.
Dr. Farrell has been involved in helping others to restore balance in their lives for over 24 years. In 1996, she graduated from Emperor’s College with a Master’s Degree in Chinese Medicine. She has been in private practice since 1997. She was a member of the faculty at Emperor’s College for 13 years. In addition to her faculty duties at Emperor’s, Yvonne was also a clinical supervisor. In 2007 Yvonne received her Doctoral Degree (DAOM) from Emperor’s College. Specializing in the use of the Secondary Vessels in treatment, Yvonne has been teaching channel theory to students for many years. A student Jeffrey Yuen, she has developed proficiency with the Eight Secondary Vessels system and has found they are very effective in the treatment of psychoemotional and psychospiritual disorders. Although she has a general practice, her specialties include the treatment of psychoemotional disorders or stress induced illness. She is very passionate about the medicine and enjoys sharing this through her teaching.
Registration is closed. Check back for more info and registration information.
Coming in 2018…
Marijuana Syndromes – How to Balance and Optimize the Effects of Cannabis with Traditional Chinese Medicine
This 2-day seminar is an update to the eLotus webinar, and dives deeper!
With John Mini, LAc
Check back later for updates.
Coming 2018, Vancouver, BC.
Balance System certificate/diploma
We are working on a future Balance System Certificate/Diploma program, from foundations to advanced systems, beginning January 2018. Check back for updates.
This method is a series of acupuncture systems rooted in the concept of healing the body by balancing meridians. It is based on Channel Theory the Nejing concepts and has an immediate shift in the body.
Check back for more information.